Whether training is given the classroom or in the boardroom, success of the programs is measured by the practical outcomes and one which produces meaningful , practical training for our Program Participants.
The center strives to ensure its Creative-Mind training programs are the best available programs, bringing practical, real-world experience to the classroom in engaging, relevant and high quality courses.
Basic Grammar Modules:
Module 1: Language Basics
• Introduction - Gain an overview of the language structure and its complexities.
Practical Activity: Group discussion on language complexities, structure, and its importance in daily life.
• The Alphabet and Basic Sounds - Master the basic building blocks of the language for effective pronunciation and understanding.
Practical Activity: Individual presentations on unique sounds in the language.
Module 2: Understanding Nouns
• Nouns (common, proper, possessive, collective, abstract, concrete, countable, and uncountable) - Dive into the world of nouns to enrich your language comprehension and usage.
Practical Activity: Storytelling session to identify and use different types of nouns.
Module 3: The Role of Pronouns
• Pronouns (personal, possessive, demonstrative, relative, reflexive, reciprocal, interrogative, and indefinite) - Grasp the usage of different pronouns to make your sentences more varied and interesting.
Practical Activity: Skits to demonstrate appropriate use of various pronouns in real-life scenarios.
Module 4: Action Words and Their Types
• Verbs (regular, irregular, transitive, intransitive, action, state, linking, auxiliary, and modal) - Understand the role of action words in a sentence and learn to use them effectively.
Practical Activity: Stand-up comedy session to highlight the effective usage of different verbs.
Module 5: Describing Words and Their Usage
• Adjectives (descriptive, possessive, demonstrative, quantitative, qualitative, interrogative, distributive, and comparative/superlative forms) - Learn to express qualities and quantities effectively.
Practical Activity: Individual presentation on favorite items, places, or experiences using a variety of adjectives.
Module 6: Modifiers and their Role
• Adverbs (manner, place, time, frequency, degree, conjunctive, interrogative, and relative) - Understand how adverbs modify verbs, adjectives, or other adverbs to enrich your language usage.
Practical Activity: Group discussion on the importance and impact of adverbs in our communication.
Module 7: Linking Words
• Prepositions (place, time, direction, agent, instrument, and manner) - Master the usage of prepositions to build accurate relationships between words or phrases in a sentence.
• Conjunctions (coordinating, subordinating, and correlative) - Learn to connect words, phrases, or clauses effectively to form complex sentences.
Practical Activity: Story building session incorporating prepositions and conjunctions.
Module 8: Expressing Emotions and Defining Nouns
• Interjections (exclamatory words and phrases) - Express sudden feelings or reactions appropriately in your speech and writing.
• Articles (definite and indefinite) - Understand the usage of articles to specify the generality or specificity of the noun.
Practical Activity: Skit or mini-play to demonstrate the use of interjections and articles in daily conversations.
Module 9: Understanding Tenses
• Tenses (simple, continuous, perfect, and perfect continuous forms) - Gain mastery over different tenses for expressing actions in various time frames.
Practical Activity: Stand-up comedy or storytelling session involving the use of different tenses.
Module 10: Polishing Language Skills
• Punctuation Marks (period, comma, colon, semicolon, question mark, exclamation mark, quotation marks, parentheses, brackets, ellipsis, and dashes) - Understand the importance of punctuation marks in reading and writing for clarity and fluency.
Practical Activity: Individual presentation on the importance and correct usage of punctuation marks in English.
These practical activities not only reinforce the theoretical concepts learned in each module but also provide an opportunity for learners to use the language creatively, which ultimately improves their proficiency.
Module 11: Mastering Phonetics
• Phonetic Alphabet - Learn the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) to improve your pronunciation.
• Syllables and Stress Patterns - Understand the division of words into syllables and how to stress them correctly.
Practical Activity: Individual presentation on phonetics of selected words and their pronunciation.
Module 12: Voice and Tone Modulation Skills
• Voice Control - Learn the skills of controlling volume, pitch, and speed during communication.
• Tone Modulation - Understand the significance of tone modulation in conveying the intended meaning.
Practical Activity: Storytelling session emphasizing voice control and tone modulation.
Module 13: Enhancing Listening Skills
• Active Listening - Learn the importance and techniques of active listening for effective communication.
• Critical Listening - Learn to interpret, evaluate, and respond to spoken messages critically.
Practical Activity: Group discussions and interactive listening exercises.
Module 14: Preparing for Interviews
• Answering Common Interview Questions - Learn to respond effectively to common interview questions.
• Non-verbal communication - Understand the importance of body language during an interview.
Practical Activity: Mock interview sessions.
Module 15: Articulation Exercises
• Articulation Techniques - Master the techniques to speak clearly and fluently.
• Pronunciation Drills - Practice common words and sounds to improve pronunciation.
Practical Activity: Articulation exercises and pronunciation drills in a stand-up comedy style.
Module 16: Building Effective Sentence Structures
• Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences - Learn the different types of sentences and when to use them.
Practical Activity: Story building session incorporating various sentence structures.
INTERMEDIATE GRAMMAR COURSE:
Module 1: Foundations of Grammar
1. Determiners and Quantifiers - Master these to improve sentence clarity and precision in your writing and speech.
2. Understanding Tenses - Gain command over tenses for accurate and time-appropriate communication.
3. Modal Verbs - Learn to express ability, possibility, permission, or obligation effectively.
4. The Active and Passive Voice - Understand the differences to enhance versatility and style in your writing. Practical Activity: Record an audiobook or storytelling using various tenses, voice, and modals learned.
Module 2: Speech and Sentence Structures
1. Direct and Indirect Speech - Improve your conversational and writing skills with correct usage.
2. Subject-Verb Agreement - Ensure your sentences are grammatically correct to communicate effectively.
3. Sentence Types and Structures - Expand your ability to convey information and express ideas or emotions.
4. Clauses: Types and Usage - Build complex, detailed sentences for more nuanced communication. Practical Activity: Start a mini talk show or interview series using a variety of sentence structures, speech types, and verb agreements.
Module 3: Advanced Grammar Concepts
1. Phrases: Types and Usage - Enhance the sophistication of your language by crafting comprehensive phrases.
2. The Art of Negation - Express disagreement or denial appropriately and effectively.
3. Questions: Types and Formation - Foster engaging dialogues and gather information efficiently.
4. Auxiliary Verbs - Improve the fluidity of your language and better express your thoughts. Practical Activity: Develop a mock news show using various grammar concepts, question forms, negations, and auxiliary verbs.
Module 4: Verb Forms and Moods
1. Gerunds and Infinitives - Diversify your sentence structure for enhanced language usage.
2. Participles: Present and Past - Learn to describe ongoing or completed actions accurately.
3. Subjunctive and Imperative Moods - Express hypothetical situations and commands effectively. Practical Activity: Write and perform skits or mini-plays using a variety of verb forms and moods.
Module 5: Pronouns and Comparatives
1. Conditional Sentences - Master expressing hypothetical scenarios and their possible outcomes.
2. Comparative and Superlative Forms - Make accurate comparisons and express extremes efficiently.
3. Pronouns: Relative, Reflexive, Reciprocal, Demonstrative, and Indefinite - Improve sentence variety and avoid repetition. Practical Activity: Create a 'Word of the Day' video series using comparative forms, conditionals, and different types of pronouns.
Module 6: Fine-Tuning Your Language
1. Tag Questions and Embedding Quotations - Enhance conversational engagement and reference others' work effectively.
2. The Importance of Punctuation Marks - Improve the clarity and flow of your writing.
3. Capitalization Rules - Write accurately and professionally following standard English conventions.
4. Enhancing Your Spelling and Vocabulary - Expand your language repertoire for richer expressions. Practical Activity: Make DIY tutorials that incorporate tag questions, quotations, and new vocabulary, while emphasizing correct punctuation and capitalization.
Module 7: Word Formation and Vocabulary Building
1. Word Formation Strategies - Build your vocabulary and understand the origins of words.
2. Prefixes and Suffixes: Expanding Your Vocabulary - Derive new words and understand unfamiliar ones.
3. Understanding Root Words - Decode word meanings and build a stronger vocabulary base.
4. Synonyms, Antonyms, Homophones, Homonyms, and Homographs - Boost comprehension and precision in language use.
5. The Power of Collocations - Sound more fluent and natural in your speech and writing. Practical Activity: Produce a travel guide using a variety of new words, root words, prefixes, suffixes, and collocations learned.
Module 8: Expressions, Writing Skills, and Editing
1. Idiomatic Expressions and Proverbs - Understand cultural nuances and sound more native in your language use.
2. Cohesion, Coherence, and Transition Words - Improve your writing's flow and readability.
3. Paraphrasing, Summarizing, and Topic Sentences - Enhance your ability to consolidate information and write clearly.
4. Essay Writing: Structure and Organization - Develop skills to present your thoughts coherently and convincingly.
5. The Art of Proofreading and Editing - Ensure your writing is error-free and polished for the best impression. Practical Activity: Create a cooking show, using idiomatic expressions and proverbs, and present the recipe with proper structure and organization, ensuring to proofread and edit the script.
Extra Practical Activity: Animated Stories or Comic Strips: Participants can create simple animations or comic strips in English, incorporating all the learned concepts.
This course is designed to offer comprehensive coverage of intermediate grammar, aiding students in enhancing their language proficiency, writing skills, and overall communication ability. Through these practical activities, students will have opportunities to apply their learned skills creatively and effectively.
ADVANCED LANGUAGE SKILLS PROGRAM
Module 1: Word Play and Vocabulary Expansion
• Crossword and Word Stairs - Master these games to improve vocabulary, cognitive skills, and precision in language use.
• Word Wheel and Word Combo - Expand your lexical skills and understand word relationships better through engaging activities.
• Hangman Pragmatics and Anagram - Develop practical usage of language and understanding of word patterns.
Practical Activity: Organize a group discussion on how these word games and puzzles improve language skills.
Module 2: Reasoning and Language Skills
• Verbal Reasoning and Linguistic Activities - Enhance cognitive skills, improve comprehension, and develop overall language skills.
• Presenting an Argument - Learn to construct and present persuasive arguments effectively.
• Chronological, Climatic, and Logical Order - Understand the sequencing and structuring of narratives and arguments.
Practical Activity: Participants can prepare individual presentations on a given topic, using logical order and presenting an argument.
Module 3: Text Analysis and Literary Techniques
• Compare & Contrast and Cause & Effect Order - Improve analytical thinking and deep comprehension of text relationships.
• Literary Expressions and Devices - Gain insight into diverse literary techniques and expressions to enhance literary appreciation.
• Alliteration, Irony, and Hyperbole - Develop understanding and use of sound techniques in language.
Practical Activity: Conduct a storytelling and story-building session where participants use various literary expressions and devices.
Module 4: Figurative Language and Reading Comprehension
• Metonymy, Oxymoron, and Spoonerism - Enhance your understanding and use of figurative language.
• Anaphora, Epiphora, and Circumlocution - Improve your understanding of language devices and their application.
• Reading Comprehension - Enhance your reading skills and understanding of various text types like poems, news articles, posters, product labels, etc.
Practical Activity: Participants can create and perform stand-up comedy pieces or skits using figurative language learned.
Module 5: Practical Language Use and Syntax
• Dialogues - Improve your spoken language skills.
• Syntax, Word Order, and Sentence Types - Understand the structure of language, sentence types, and correct formation of sentences.
• Active and Passive Voice - Distinguish between active and passive voices and know when to use them.
Practical Activity: Participants can create YouTube videos featuring dialogues that demonstrate the proper use of active and passive voice.
Module 6: Error Identification and Sentence Transformation
• Finding the Correct Sentence and Types of Sentence Errors - Improve your ability to identify and correct language errors.
• Imperative to Interrogative Sentence and Compound-Complex Sentence - Understand and practice complex sentence transformations.
Practical Activity: Participants can conduct interviews or podcasts where they use complex sentence structures correctly.
Module 7: Phraseology and Lexicology
• Phraseology, Multiword, and Lexical Unit - Enhance your understanding of phrases and their applications.
• Idioms, Compound Words, and Proverbs - Expand your language repertoire with idiomatic expressions and complex words.
• Collocations - Learn common word pairs to sound more natural in speech.
Practical Activity: Participants can start a mini talk show or interview series in English, inviting speakers to discuss topics that require usage of idioms, compound words, and collocations.
Module 8: Word Analysis and Derivation
• Vocabulary and Choice of Words - Expand your vocabulary and learn to choose words for precise expressions.
• Morphology, Sememe, and Etymology - Understand the structure, meaning, and history of words for a deeper understanding of language.
• Free Morphemes, Base Word, Prefix, Stem, Suffix, Root Word, and Bound Morphemes - Understand word formation and derivation for a richer vocabulary and improved comprehension.
Practical Activity: Participants can create a 'Word of the Day' video series where they discuss new words they've learned, including their meanings, pronunciations, and usage in sentences.
Throughout the course, participants are also encouraged to take part in various extended projects such as:
Recording Audiobooks or Storytelling: Participants can choose a short story, children's book, or a chapter of a book and record themselves reading it aloud.
Developing a Mock News Show: Participants can take turns being the reporter, presenting news stories in English. The news can be real or fictional.
Creating Animated Stories or Comic Strips: Participants can create simple animations or comic strips in English. This combines visual art skills with language learning.
Creating a Cooking Show: Participants can
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
Krishnarajapuram, BangalorNo # 5 Priyadarshani Layout Main Road, Behind Top Mart Super Market, Opp Ayyappa Nagar, Devasandra Main Road, Krishnarajapuram, Bangalore - 560036e, Karnataka, India
09:00 am – 05:00 pm